Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Best Foiled Plans

Today I had planned on doing NOTHING. You see, I am retired and nothing is something I can do. So when I woke up to the beautiful sound of rain pouring down I immediately decided this was going to be my day to do nothing. I have not had one of these days in a LONG time, and what better day to do it than a dark, cold rainy day?? So I was in my pink pajamas and my white fluffy slippers, and my pink wonderfully warm housecoat that my daughter bought me for Christmas last year. It is soo soft and warm, I just love it. I was all snuggled up in the recliner with Rudy on my lap, yes he is a lap dog. And we were watching his least favorite show that being "The Dog Whisper". He was asleep and I was not far behind him. When the phone rang. I told Scott to answer it for I was sleeping. He did. And I could hear him talking and the next thing I know we are meeting my parents for lunch. It is 11:00 a.m. and I just had breakfast about 30 minutes ago. I'm not hungry. When can I be ready to go? Noon? NO. Ok I hear him say 12:45. Good grief. I tell him I will try to be ready to meet them at 1:00. I don't want to go. I am in my comfy clothes, in my comfy chair, with my comfy dog. I DON'T WANT TO GO. Now not only do I have to get cleaned up, makeup on, clothes on, teeth brushed, hair combed, shoes on and tied, dogs put up, blah, blah, blah. Then I find out we are going to Taco Bueno. My least favorite place to eat. The chips are cold, the food is ucky and the price is too high for what you get. I used to eat there when I was living in Enid, but I got half off in uniform. I could do that once in a while. I don't mind eating somewhere I don't like if I am only pay half price. That makes it a little easier to swallow.
So I get cleaned up, put on yesterday's pants, a clean shirt, some deordorant of course, a little makeup, run a comb through the mop, put on my shoes and tie them and go. I grumble all the way into town, all the way right up to the stupid resturant. There's mom and dad getting their food. Scott goes to order ours, I go to sit down, the seat is cold, we are by the window and remember it is cold outside....dark and dreary. I sit down, wait on my food, and you know what. An hour later after having such a good time together for lunch we decide to go to Wal-mart together. We were just there yesterday. But I forgot the cream cheese, and Scott needs to pick up his two prescriptions ( it sucks getting old). so we go. Mom goes with me and Scott goes with dad. Mom and I make a detours to look at a door on the rent house that Scott and dad installed yesterday, then we make it to Wal-Mart. After an hour at Wal-mart and $94.00 later we part ways to go home. I bought two new computer games (like I needed something else to do at the computer) can't wait to try them, and I have been here every since. Scott went to his new class of small engine repair, and I played on the computer from about 3:00 until now, oh my it is 11:53. I guess I had better go to bed.
Not a bad day for someone that didn't want to do anything. My best laid plans were slightly foiled. But I had a good day with my parents and husband and spent countless hours on the computer. got no laundry done, no dishes done, and stopped to pee only once. So really my day of doing nothing....ACCOMPLISHED.

No comments: