Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Busy Day

Today has been a fairly productive day. I made a new friend. My mom introduced me to a lady whom she has known for a while now. This nice lady has talked my mom into taking cruises and we are all glad she did. So anyway, today she called and we discussed her "using" one of my horses for her exchange student. After talking for an hour and a half we have agreed to meet on Friday to check things out and maybe even get Flicka over to her place. This morning has started off pretty good if I do say so myself.
After that I figure I need to get a shower and get cleaned up. No, I sit down at the computer and here comes the game I just love, "Zuma"! I can't sit at the computer and not play for at least a little while. Well I might as well call my mom and check on her while I am playing. So I do. We talk a little and she has me look some stuff up on the Internet, not enough info, I need to call the doctors office for her. So I do. That takes time for as you all know you must be put on hold and wait your turn to have the phone answered etc etc etc. Finally get that all done, now Scott is back home (from feeding my horses!). I am still playing on the computer. I love Zuma. I decide I HAVE to get a shower. We are going to the grocery store and I have even made a list. Not only a list, but a menu for the next oh say month maybe? We will see how that goes...ha, we eat out for lunch today at Rib Crib. This food might last me two, three or even six months at this rate. Anyway, I get cleaned up and we do make it to the grocery store. Two hundred dollars later we have two shopping carts full of sacks, the trunk pretty full and the back seat half full. I have made a good haul. Found pork chops for $1.00 a pound. I stocked up and even got mom some chops. That sure is a good price and I love Reasors food. We are having Pork Chops (you would never have guessed that huh?) Beans/cornbread, lasagna, meatloaf, pork roast and sauerkraut, Quick Beef Soup, Tortilla Soup, Chili, Tacos, Liver and Onions (my favorite and it's not even my birthday!) Roast/potatoes, cabbage, carrots etc., and that is all I can think of off the top of my head. A pretty good menu huh? The only problem with all of this is someone will have to cook it....that might be me. No, we just might take turns, yes, that is what we will do. I will fix what I like and then let Scott fix the meals he likes. That seems fair. I LOVE HIS PORK CHOPS. He bakes them breaded in cracker crumbs. They are sooooo good.
After we got home and got all the food put away we realize time is passing by and it is nearly 5:00 p.m. We are headed to our night out in just a little bit. We have season tickets to the Tulsa Performing Acts Center (PAC). We did this in Oklahoma City (known as "the city") and always enjoyed it so much. It started a few years ago when my very dear friend Cathy and I wanted to see The Lion King Broadway production. She emailed me and said they were coming to Tulsa so we bought season tickets in the city to be one of the first to be able to buy tickets to the Lion King in Tulsa. It worked! Cathy and Lloyd drove up from San Antonio Texas, my son and wife came up from Tyler Texas, Beth and her friend came from the city, and then Scott and I from Enid. We had a GREAT time, the play was awesome. We have continued to have season tickets ever since then. We love the shows. Tonights was OK. Some are better than others and tonight was called "The Ten Tenors" It is ten guys from Australia who sing. They were cute and good singers. But it was not nearly as good as a "play". The next play is Annie, and then ...
Phantom of the Opera. Last year it was Wicked. Now that was a play. Loved it......
Man it has been a busy day. I have read other blogs but have not taken time to comment on them, looked at a new blog, added it to my favorite list and of course played ZUMA. It has been a busy day.

No comments: