Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nothing to Report for Now

No News Is Good News
Well it isn't that I have don't have news, I just don't have any news worth reporting. Allie is here. Enough said. No, not enough, I had to go shopping to buy her a couple new dresses. I am taking her tomorrow to get her pictures taken. I just love Motophoto and since we left Enid I have not found a new Motophoto but tomorrow that may all change. And we did find a couple dresses that are just darling. I sure do love having a little girl around once again.
Oh wait. I do have some news. A friend of mine is going to adopt a baby next month if all works out. She told me tonight she could not believe at 44 she and her husband were going to adopt a baby. They are excited, but more than that, the little life is that of her nieces'. So it is family helping family. I think that is really heart touching. I don't know if I could do it all over again in my 40's. I have found keeping the grand kids wears me smooth out. So this will be a new experience for her, and they will be great parents. She asked if I would consider keeping the baby for her while she works.....And I am considering it. I was thinking about getting back into foster parenting, there are just so many young lives out there that need the love of a stable home. And this would be a way of helping out someone else who is doing a great deed as well. I love doing good deeds, it is better to not get noticed for the good deeds, but I love doing things for others. It is in my nature, I need to feel needed, I need to feel helpful, I help when sometimes I probably shouldn't help. I can't help it. But to help a life, to help a little one come into this world with a little better chance, wow what a feeling. Oh, I guess I should mention this to my husband. Good night.

6 comments:

Marge said...

We did foster care for years! And four of our seven kids are adopted from the foster care system. There is such a need out there for good foster parents. I admire you for thinking of doing it again! Blessings.... ~marge~

Debbie said...

I would do foster care if I enjoyed cooking. I would love it. Poor kids would starve :(

My first gut reaction to the baby sitting is no because you are just now enjoying doing the things that interest you and are having fun. Would it be an 8-5, 5 day thing? If it's P/T maybe...It would take a lot of your energy if full-time.

Just my opinion cause I care!!

Memaw's memories said...

You have my utmost respect and admiration for even considering working with foster children.

I just don't have what it takes to do this type of thing.

Enjoy that little one, and be sure to post pictures(like I thought you might not)

Debbie said...

Lisa....and you are so right!! I should pat myself on back and let him just go and learn the hard way like I did!

I am ready to pack up and head to Oklahoma! I like the garage/attic idea and cowboys LOL

Mental P Mama said...

This whole post was heartwarming to me. I think Debbie might have a point about the full time baby-sitting, though. Maybe some of the time, but you have worked long and hard, and deserve a break to do stuff you want to do. Still, I love to get my baby "fixes" so I understand;)

Jessica said...

You have a very big heart my friend. I do think you should mention this to the hubby first.