Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Extreme

Extremes

The last Saturday of September, high noon, Owasso was the meeting place for the showdown. Two teams faced off with each prepared for battle. The battle this day was soccer. It was extreme soccer, played in the extreme heat,by extremely talented ten year old boys! Athletics, parents, and even the referees would struggle to find ways to stay cool in the non seasonal extreme temperatures.

The game was fierce, fast paced, and extremely demanding on the young devoted players.
The sun’s extremely heated rays found their way through the branches of the extremely sparse trees near the soccer field.
Not even the shade of an extremely large umbrella could offer solace to those in attendance. Hardly a breeze was felt to offer relief, even a hot breeze was welcomed over the extremely stifling stillness of none.

An extreme win, by the Extreme team in the extreme heat ended with the extremely good sportsmanship of both teams with extreme hand slaps and extreme smiles. It was an extremely good day.




This assignment is to do a photojournalist shoot. We were to pick six pictures writing a short story with the pictures truly tell the story. This was really hard because I had over 100 pictures that day, and I really wanted to include them. These must be mounted on a science project board and be ready by tonight. I am ok with this. I am not fancy, and really wanted something to "wow" her with. But I didn't. I don't think a soccer game is anything to wow someone with. But to me and the other 100 parents/family members it was a wow moment. My nephew is the goalie and he played hard, but his team in fact was NOT the extreme team, and they lost 3-0 because their one goal was not allowed. I don't know why. One player was injured but I didn't include those shots. It was sweet, the boys all kneel down while the player is being tended to. His coach carried him gently off the field to be inspected. My brother a fire fighter paramedic fears the little boys collar bone might be broke. He has a tremendous amount of swelling and pain. So his parents took him to the hospital. I have not heard any news on him for I am not a part of that group. I was just there this day to take pictures.

Later that day I get home tired, hot, hungry and excited about the OU football game to be seen on cable later that evening when I get a call from my grown daughter in OKC. She has food poisoning and has been throwing up for hours. She went to the minor emergency clinic but forgot her phone...now I know she is really sick, and wants me to come down and be with her. She hates being sick and hates being sick alone even more. So I pack an overnight bag and head off to the city. We were to attend the fair the next day for my husband's family was going to show their prize bull and two heifers in the Tulsa State Fair. I wanted to take pictures of that too. But I missed it. Oh and by the way, my daughter doesn't have cable.....so I missed the OU game as well. I was on my way home exhausted and decided that I needed to call my step daughter and see how she and the family was doing for they came over and went to the fair with friends. ( this is all Sunday mind you!) She was planning on leaving at 4:00 but at 5:00 they were still there. We (ie my husband) was watching our grand dog (oh by the way her name is Chloe)(we have Zoe and Chloe, then Callie and Allie, and Caleb, you don't think that gets confusing....I just yell a name and hope either a dog or a kid looks at me!) I talk to my step daughter and she is pretty tired and so are the kids so I offer to keep the dog for a few days so they don't have to drive clear back over to our house to pick her up. And she is really no trouble (except at 4:00 in the morning when she decides she wants to go out to pee pee, or play) but she goes back to bed and then I get up with her at 6:30 for the morning. So this way she can play, run and romp and give Sarah a break. Well on Monday, my baby girl (Allie the grand daughter) is sick and running 102 fever. My goodness.

I guess that is about all my news. Started my wedding photography class last night, tonight is the last night of Photography II, Wed is my Photoshop class 30 miles away, and then Thursday is my Business class. Friday I am taking my mother to the doctor then going to see Jeff Dunham the ventriloquist whom I love. Hopefully watch OU Saturday and then attend the 50th wedding anniversary party of my brother and sister n laws. So....pretty busy this week I guess. I might not get much posting done, but I will be reading everybody and soon as things settle down just a bit or I get more pictures I will be boring you with more stuff...all about me. Isn't there a song like that???? Toby Keith I don't remember the name, All About Me or What about Me, ME ME ME. Something like that. Oh I know, if I find it guess where I will put it???? You guess it, turn the volume up or down depending on how you like music and country at that. See ya!

13 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Wow. You are extremely busy. Hope everyone is feeling better;)

Debbie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

I got your IM to let me know...thanks. I was worried about you :(

Great pictures and I hope you don't put too much pressure on yourself in these classes. Aren't you supposed to have fun? Don't forget! Good post, hon!

Unknown said...

I like your pictures - a good soccer story. I hope you get to relax a little after this busy week!

Sounds like you are doing some fun classes with photography - how nice that you are further developing your talent.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Lisa you are so funny. At least you have leaves that change. Our leaves stay green or fall off depending on the tree lol. Ahh Florida! I missed you the last few days. I'm glad you are back.
Blessings to you.
Kim

Amy said...

Very photojournalistic! I hope everyone is feeling better. I am interested in hearing about your wedding class!

Tonjia said...

wow! after reading this post I need a nap! LOL

I love the Tulsa state fair, I miss it.

Take a breath, I hope your daughter feels better and good luck on the photography assignment.

Putz said...

who cares about ou...it is byu, utah, penn state

Expat No. 3699 said...

Sounds like you were an extremely busy person over the extremely busy weekend and dealing with some extreme things!

Marge said...

Glad to see you finally posted. I was almost ready to hop on my new red bike and ride down to see if you were okay.

You sure are busy this week! Wow! I hope your classes are fun and that you learn a lot. Then when I have questions I can call you.

Biking yeterday was good, see my blog. Hope we can get out again this afternoon.

Putz said...

go extreme

Beth said...

Toby Keith: I WANT TO TALK ABOUT ME!

Yeah, my daughter LOVES that song.

My son and I have the crud too. We are busy HACKING here... lolol

Michelle said...

I wanna talk about me, wanna talk about I, wanna talk about number one, oh my me my, what I think what I like what I know what I want what I feel...

WOW. Just reading all of this makes be exhausted. I missed the game too. But they kicked butt. Not sure if I will get to see the game tomorrow. Might be going to the beach. Get some rest this weekend.

Memaw's memories said...

I hope you get to see Jeff. He's one of my favorites too.

And you are supposed to be retired. You are working harder now than when you got paid.