Monday, September 8, 2008

And You Wonder Why

Should have left this for Wordless Wednesday.

My friend in Enid (a K-9 Officer) was in route to an injury accident Sunday morning when a drunk driver hit him, nearly head on. Looking at this car you would think it would have been a fatality, but Steve is semi ok. Just really banged up. The dog has a injury to his leg, and hopefully will heal quickly and be able to return to full duty soon.

The lady that hit him from what I have heard (2nd hand) is in the hospital (boy it doesn't usually go that way!) and had a BAC of well over the legal limit. In fact I have heard it is double the legal limit.

SO IF YOU WONDERED WHY I "HATE" ALCOHOL...
this is only one reason.
Steve could have been killed that night
doing his duty
helping others.
I hope others out there
understand how dangerous
drinking and driving really is.
Thank you God for keeping him safe that night.

10 comments:

Tonjia said...

OMG! I hear you sista!! Another reason why I HATE ALCOHOL!!

you know one thing that I have never figured out? why those who drink too much are usually the ones with no brains to begin with..

we had a patient over the weekend who swore he had not had a drink because he was on Antabuse.. and his BAC was .388!! thats a lot of alcohol to absorb from the atmosphere. freaking liar.

I want to carry a taser in the ER, what do you think?? LOLOLOL

have a great day Lisa. Thanks to God that the officer and his dog werent seriously injured.

Sage said...

Oh, I'm glad your friend is okay. And you're right. It's usually the drunk who is okay while the innocent party ends up in the hospital with lifetime problems due to the drunk hitting him.

I've been catching up on your blog from my roadtrip and am heading to the grocery store to buy ingredients for a chocolate cake! OHHHHHHHHH, it sounds illegally rich. Something I would like!

And I loved your deer post and commented there, too.

I'm glad to be home!
Marge

Mental P Mama said...

Yowza! Glad he is okay.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

My husband does not drink ANY alchohol. He never had a problem with it-- just made that decision for him years and years ago.

It works.

Of course... he drives me to drinking... ;-)

(I kid, I kid!)

Hope you are having a great day. I'm glad your friend is doing well too.

We are THAT Family said...

I hate it too.

Glad they survived such a bad crash!

Homesteader in Training said...

You know MY take on drinking and driving! I am glad that your friend is doing okay. Like you said it could have been a lot worse.

AirmanMom said...

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable lesson!


~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Michelle said...

I know, I know. Not good. I will be making sure that Shay comes to visit. Not that she drinks and drives but you can never get the lesson too many times. Thanks.

I am also glad your friend will be ok and the dog too.

Just Joni said...

I'm so glad your friend and his 4-legged partner were OK...I wish people wouldn't drink and drive.

Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates said...

It is so scary how many people drink and drive.

Glad that he is OK. Hope he will recover quickly and hope that a few people learn a lesson from it.