Thursday, June 5, 2008

Update on Fence

We are back. Got r dun. Redneck version I know and let me assure you my neck was not red, rather was black with dirt. We were covered in dirt and grime by the time we left there. The fence was not as bad as we anticipated (thank you Lord! for that small blessing.) It was only about 30' of fencing rather than the whole side yard. We were thinking it was the complete east fence and planned on it taking all day. That shows the mis-communications between my daughter and me. Like I said she called in a very bad mood, and when I tried to call her later she didn't answer the phone (she was mowing front yard) and when we did finally talk she was already asleep on the sofa. So we did not talk clearly to each other (do they ever grow out of this?) Can you feel my frustration?
We got there this morning and went right to work. While Scott was gone to the store getting the supplies I mowed the backyard. After mowing I then found the weed eater and cleaned up around the fence and house. Looked pretty good if I do say so myself. I got the shovel out and scrapped the grass and dirt from the little make shift patio (flat cement pavers so grass and junk grows between them.). The tree limbs are all over the ground from the HUGE pecan tree in the neighbors yard so I raked them and mended fence that was patched. All the while the wind was blowing about 30 mph, NO BUGS....just dirt blowing right back in my face. No matter which way I mowed, or scraped or raked, it all blew right back into my face. I picked up trash, the dog loves to tear stuff up and it stays in the yard forever, so I picked that up and threw it away. I WAS NOT IN A GOOD MOOD. I did it because I love her, but I was also angry so I might have played a little martyr here. She is such a lucky kid. She is 24 and has her own house. Of course she has her own house payment too, and all the stuff that goes with it. But it is an old little house, built in the 50's, one car, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, kitchen, dining room and living room. It is a cute little rock house. I just wish she would take a little more pride in it and keep it up better. Ok, enough of my rantings. We are home, the storms are moving in, the fence is fixed (for now, unless the next storm takes it out!) and life is good. I love my kids, I love my life, and I love blogging, I might need to "get a life" huh? sorry!


Amy said...

That was very nice of you to help out! When are you coming here? lol

That stinks that the weather has been so uncooperative. I hope better times are ahead.

I am just getting caught up on my blogs tonight. I have been a bit under the weather the last couple of days! Have a good night.

Eckmama said...

Glad you made it there and back safely!

Some kids grow out of it. Some kids might grow out of it eventually...I'm aware of a 28 year old with similar characteristics. If she outgrows it I'll let you know. ;)

Debbie in NC said...

Gosh, forget walking for a week! You did more than I've done in a month, girl! Geez!

I went back up in the get stuff out for brother's yard sale tomorrow. Why did I wait till today! ARGGGG...could have had more stuff, had I planned it right!

Oh well, a little is better than none and I love their company!

Oh, mine hasn't outgrown it!

Mental P Mama said...

You are a good mommy! Better than I am...;)

Memaw's memories said...

What a good mom you are. I mowed yesterday and the wind had me totally covered in dirt. Like you said, didn't matter which way you were going, the sand was hitting you in the face and any where else skin was exposed. I've got to get a dust mask before I weedeat this afternoon, and need a pair of goggles.

Glad you made it back safe and sound.