Thursday, August 28, 2008
My Random Facts
25 Random Things About Me
1. I am a middle child with two brothers born and raised in Tulsa, OK area.
2. I always wanted to be a police officer, and retired as one in Enid, OK!
3. As a sophomore in High School, I gave up playing basket ball to ride/train race horses. Wish I was that skinny now!!!
4. Was one of about six females in the state of Oklahoma to be the first President of our local FFA chapter. ( I loved being in the FFA organization!)
5. I have never drank a beer in my life to this very day (48 years, 3 months and some days). I can not stand the smell of beer.
6. I am very lucky to have loved my job for many many years and to have so many good stories to share about it. I love helping people as a police officer and citizen.
7. I have a step daughter, sil, and two grandchildren. After a very rough start, we now are working on a really good relationship. Hip Hip Hooray.
8. I lost three friends in one year to cancer, one being my best friend.
9. My grandfather lived to be 95 and then died of a gall bladder attack, my great grandmother lived to be 104, so I need to take better care of myself.
10. Even as a tough police officer ALWAYS in control, I can be very insecure, and get my feelings hurt, but I try not to let any one know it!
11. Broke my left arm twice.
12. Have had stitches in my head because I kissed a boy in 7th grade.
13. Graduated with a Law Enforcement Degree from NWOSU in Alva, OK.
14. I am married to a retired Fire Fighter.
15. Participated in a program called Cadet Lawman between my jr/ sr year in high school where we for a week went through police training.
16. Had both my children by C-section.
17. My son was born on my second anniversary.
18. My daughter was born on her paternal grandparents anniversary.
19. Went to school till the 8th grade in a little country school.
20. Went to the "city" school in 9th-12th grade.
21. Went through a divorce after 14 years of marriage.
22. My first car was a 1967(?) Chevy Impala nick named The Tank.
23. Have always loved photography.
24. Have always wanted to travel to every state in our great Union.
25. Love my boxer dogs more than words can tell. And I mean that seriously.
I think being on the computer makes it easy to portray ourselves how we want. But I also think we do open up to some extent when we connect with certain ones via the Internet. I love meeting people, and getting to know them. I am very much a people person and I truly believe everyone has a story, they are important for just being who they are. I value human life so much, probably why I was a good police officer, or at least why it was my passion. I believe in right over wrong, try to live my life that way, and I have always tried to walk the walk, and not just talk the talk. I was a DARE officer for 16/17 years and taught literally thousands of students and felt it was so important to set the right example. I was NOT always the best mom, but I think I was a good mom, I tried to be, but I had my failings and shortcomings when it came to raising my children. I wonder how they would rate me? Maybe I had too high of expectations, I don't know. I loved them, gave them everything they needed and lots of what they wanted. And for the most part, I feel they turned out really pretty good. I really have no regrets in my life. I feel I have lived a good life, I have a very strong faith and belief in God, and have been very blessed by Him.
What I would like for you to do give me some random things about you. I have a few of you that read my post on a regular basis, as I do yours. And I would like to get to know you. If you don't want to do a posting, then please feel free to leave it on the comment page. Tell me a little about you, I would really like to get to know you better.