Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oh Dear deer!

Oh Deer!!

Fawn on the left, Buck in the middle and Doe by the fence

These three are not very far from my fence and sure not far from the house.

The weather is about 20 degrees cooler than it has been in several days and weeks. That might be why they are on the move so much. There was another doe but the picture did not post from Picasa for some reason. This was taken about 2:00 in the afternoon. About 5:00 p.m. there were more deer in our front yard. I saw another buck, not sure it was the same one, I think it is a smaller one. And then there was also another doe. I am feeding the deer on a regular basis now so the word might have gotten out. The hummingbirds are flying like crazy today as well. I think the weather front has the animals all in a tizzy. A good one at that. Plus my dogs got the trash compactor bags out and undid all of them all over the kitchen floor while we were gone to lunch. Good grief. I did not take a picture of that. I wound them back up as quickly as I could for my folks were on their way to the house and I needed to get it back in order! those silly dogs drive me crazy but I would not have them any other way! Hope you enjoyed my deer picture, and Cara, there is the fawn like you wanted!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tonjia said...

arent they just so graceful and serene?

glad to hear your temps are cooling down a bit!

Marge said...

Deer to me are peace, serenity, calmness, cute, love......unless you hit one with the truck! I did a few years ago, and it cost a pretty penny. And to my boys, deer mean: hunting, shooting, bang-bang, venison chops! So keep you cute little guys locked up behind the fence.

Fun pictures! Hoping you have a good week ahead.

Joni said...

you are so lucky to have these graceful creatures in your own front yard...I've heard people say they can be a nuisance, but I just don't see how...these pictures are beautiful...thanks for sharing them!