Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas
No pictures this morning, just wanted to say
Merry Christmas to all and oh by the way.
Have a safe and joyful Holiday.
As I sit here at the computer this morning I see a huge jet in the sky. It is flying to who knows where. But way up there a family is going to see their grandparents, or friends. Someone is flying that plane on Christmas day, away from their family and friends. There is someone serving coffee, tea or beverage of some kind to all the passengers on board. They are away from their family and friends. Today there is a firefighter and policemen who are serving their community, they are away from their family too. At the hospital many are there working to fix what ails us on this special day. They are away from their families too. And of course there are all the service men and women who are not only away from their families, but they are far far away. As we sat in the living room with a fire in the fireplace, the lights shinning brightly on the Christmas tree, opening gifts and admiring the new gadget, it makes me stop and think that people all around the world are celebrating Christmas today. Then I think about all of those that don't have family at home, or the money to buy gifts. They may not even have money to buy food or shelter. How lucky I am to have not only the things that I have, but the life that I have. I have children who are grown but still call me, come to see me and still love me. That is a blessing. I have family waiting at my parents house to eat and open gifts, and I don't have to drive two hours to see them!!! I still have parents here to celebrate Christmas with too. How lucky is that? No, how blessed is that. time is passing by very quickly and I realize it. We need to make use of every single day, and every single minute that we are given. For today who knows how much longer we will have. I am so very blessed. I send my love to everyone that reads this. I hope that my kids know I love them more than words will ever be able to say. I hope that my husband knows that even in our difficult time, we still have each other and need to stop and appreciate what each of us brings to this life and union. I hope that my stepdaughter and her family knows that you can love many people at one time and you do not have to pick only one to be close with. And that you have to look beyond your past and appreciate what you have today. I hope she learns someday that I am not the bad guy and that she can learn to love what I bring to her life and her children's lives. but she has to get beyond her past with her own mother. I don't know if that will happen or not. I hope that my own daughter can get beyond her past as well. I hope she learns to open her heart to those that try so hard to help and please her. Look beyond the annoyance, look to the good in others. Sometimes that is hard to do. I hope that my son and his wife will grow with each other learning that marriage is not about two people living life, it is about two people living one life. Wow, I wish I would have learned that a long time ago. I hope that my friends that have lost a love one in this past year learn to keep living, and learn that there is still life and love out here. I don't know where, or when it will come back again, but I hope they find it. I hope the hole in their heart mends just a little this year and happiness starts to find its way back again. Yes, I am very thankful this year for my life and all the blessings I have. It has not been an easy year, many changes, much stress, but it has been a wonderful life changing year. So Merry Christmas to all my friends as we take time to appreciate what we have, remember those that do not, and be grateful to those that gave up family to do a special job today. To you, I say thank you, I love you and may God bless you and keep you safe again this next year. Merry Christmas!

No comments: