Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yes, I am Here!


Hi, you all, I am here again!
I don't know why, but I just have not felt like blogging lately. I have no really good excus, except I am trying to just get out and do things with life. I spend way too much time on the computer and I just am trying to not do that. But I did want to catch you up on some things that I have done lately.
I am very blessed to have some of the best family. My cousin who lives around the corner would do anything in the world for me and I know that I can count on her when the chips are down. What a WONDERFUL feeling. I just can not ever tell her or show her enough how much that means to me. When we went to Florida an emergency situation happened at my house and it was going to leave my dogs alone or put someone else's life at risk. Jill stepped up to the plate and had her boys come stay at my house (school was out due to ice storm) and they took care of my "babies" . What a comfort for me to know that my beloved animals would be cared for. So when my son decided to sell his car and get his wife a different one, Jill said she would like to buy the old one for her soon to be driving son. Things just did not work out for my son and Jill to get together for the car. So I decided we would go get it. We drove to PARIS. Wow, what a trip....no, just kidding, We went to Paris, TX to meet my son. It was such a nice trip. Scott and I got to really visit with each other, and see some pretty neat stuff.
Of course we saw lots of these....toll booths, we always use the turnpike in Oklahoma it is just so much easier and faster.
Then we saw tons of long horns. I just can't get enough of them, they are such magnificent creatures. I wish my parents would get one and put it in THEIR pasture.
This picture is really hard for you to see, but there was a herd of deer out there as well. We always see them right here in this very spot....EVERY TIME we go through there. So this time I had my camera out and my zoom lens on, problem???? They are the color of their surrounding so you might have to enlarge the picture if you want to try and count how many are out there. I just love seeing that many deer at one time.
Of course I had to stop at McDonald's to have a "wee-wee" break. That is French, since we were going to Paris, for "I had to pee-pee!". And then we got a SENIOR drink. Scott turned 55 last week so now we can buy our McDonald's cokes for $.77 ... and that is for two. Not each, but together....wow I am impressed. I hid in the car though while he ordered. I don't want people to think I am with an older man just for his money!
Do you see that "mass" in the top of the tree? Well that is mistletoe, our state flower.
I hate to tell you but it is a fungus. But don't you love mistletoe at Christmas for all those kisses???
Now coming back from getting the car at the VERY same spot as before, the deer were right by the road. But as I pulled over of course the car went over the chatter bumps scaring the deer away. Darn it! But if you look closely, I think you will see several of them up the hill through the trees. We counted 15 at one time.
And these deer were in a different spot. I pulled over more slowly, thank goodness there was NO traffic yesterday, and I sat and watched these deer for a while. They were playing and rearing up which I have never seen before. The pictures did not turn out the greatest, it was dark, they were far away, and they move pretty darn fast. OK, those are my excuses!!!
Then someone was burning something...in the middle of a burn ban. Dahhh I am pretty sure that county is in the burn ban, nearly the whole state is. We are pretty dry and all those limbs from the ice storm this year and last have things so dangerous. I was going to tell you this was Scott sending me a message, smoke signals, but that would not be politically correct....even though Oklahoma is "Land of the Red Man".
And this is the sunset I got to watch as we drove home. I had hoped to get the pond in this pictures...but I didn't. Still a pretty picture. I love taking pictures, these are not some of my best work, but it sure is fun and I have not taken any for quite a while. And when I got home.....the grand kids were there. We have Allie this week while Sarah takes care of some eye and dental appointments for her and Caleb in Enid....
OK, what ever the excuse, I have the grand baby for a while. Caleb, your turn is at Spring Break.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely pics - so fun to take the trip with you! Don't worry about not blogging as often - everybody is trying to figure out a balance. We'll be around whenever you are!

Debbie said...

Agree with Lisa...no problem!

I have never seen deer raising up like that, so that was a treat! The sunset was beautiful! I have never seen longhorns. Well not that I can remember! Sounds like you had the best time and I'm glad. Pays to hang out with that old man you're married too! LOL

claudia said...

Loved the pictures. Loved taking the trip with you, beings as I never get anywhere anymore. It was a fun ride!
The pictures of the deer were fun and the sunset was beautiful!
I did miss you, but I figured you had something going on that required you to take the time away from your blogging. I spend far too much time on the computer, I need to get away from it!

Marge said...

I missed you dear friend! Glad you are okay and back online. Of course now with the grand princess there you probably won't get around to blogging now either!

I have been in a real funk, and didn't care if I blogged or not. But I did post this afternoon. The machine is back! Now after all that complaining I'd best get something done, right?

Unknown said...

Welcome back!
Great picures!
~AM

Memaw's memories said...

I also enjoyed the tour of Oklahoma through your lens, and glad you are back.

We all get into a brain fog once in a while.

Glad you are back.

Tonjia said...

beautiful pics Lisa, that sunset is amazing.

I am glad you are back to the blogosphere, I missed you!

I got to see mountain sheep on the drive home from Denver, that was cool I wish I had my camera out!

Joni said...

I understand about the blogging thing but just know you are missed when you stay away for very long. Love the pictures, I feel like I was just taken on a tour and that sunset, wow! I've seen deer stand up like this before to get fruit out of trees, it's very fun to watch!

bernthis said...

if someone had done their burning in CA today, they would be in county jail right at this moment. I'm sorry but what a moron.

As far as saving the day with your pooches, that is awesome. I am a huge dog lover and the thought of them being alone.....

oh and congrats on your senior discount!