Sunday, September 27, 2009

She's Here!

Welcome to Tulsa
I can not tell you how relieved I am that Beth is finally moved to Tulsa. Her house is so cute, it is fixed up very nicely. I think (hope) she will be happy here. I have to come to grips with the fact that I can not control her happiness, but I want it so badly. I have such hopes for us to spend time together. I have such high hopes that good things will come into her life. We have started that path by getting her here near family that loves her without measure. Now we have to pray that she finds a job that provides her with enough means to support herself here. And to meet good friends. She is a social butterfly. She has ALWAYS enjoyed socializing as many last born do. She loves to laugh, and have fun. She has a heart as big as Dallas and would do anything for her friends. I admire that about her. And even in all of her strength, she still at times can be unsure. She is such a control person and when she does not have everything within her control it makes her uneasy. She has not lived at home in seven years. She still does not live at home, but she is at least close to home. I am so excited.
At twenty five, she has so much going for her. She is so smart, and talented. She is pretty, and very strong willed. She is outgoing, and confident. I am very lucky to be her mom, and yet I also want to take credit for making her partly what she is. She has had some very bad breaks in life, made some bad choices, and doesn't always listen. But I wouldn't trade her for anyone or anything. She has so much to offer this world. It is amazing to me how much love we have for our children. Even as they grow into adulthood, we still see them as our "kids". And it also amazes me how much love I have for so many people. My step-daughter ( I hate that word), and her husband and her two children...I just love them so much. I don't think I could love two kids any more if I had given birth to them myself. How is it that our heart just keeps growing and producing love....never running out of that feeling? How is that possible?
How is it we can love our parents, love our dogs, love our food, and love our kids never running out of love? How is it that some people don't know love? Don't feel loved, don't love in return? How is that possible? Hmmmm??? I wonder why I am contemplating so much about love now? Well it might be because I have not posted in a while, could be because I am REALLY REALLY tired and getting ready to go to bed, could be I am just in one of those moods. But when all is said and done, as this sun set today.....my heart was filled with love for my youngest. We had a really good day. And today, she just came up and hugged me....Oh yes, my love bucket was FULL.

5 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Sigh. This makes me so, so happy.

claudia said...

What is it about our youngest children? Daughters at that? I could swear you were writing a post about MY youngest daughter...I so feel your pains, anxiety and LOVE!!!!
She will be fine, she has a lot of love surrounding her. I go through the same thing with a couple of my kids.
I am here for you!

Debbie said...

Absolutely wonderful. Rough times are forgotten when it all finally comes together...at least for awhile! LOL

I'm happy for ya hon :)

Marge said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! Yes, the love for and of children is a wonderful thing isn't it? And to think that love is totally imperfect when we compare it to God's love for us! I hope your relationship with your daughter continues in this way and that the rough times of the past can be forgotten. And you know what? I love you too! Have a blessed day my friend!

Me said...

I hope she adjusts quickly for you! I hope she's happy!